Effective November 29, 2022
S2 Company, respect your preferences concerning the collection and use of your personal data.
This policy reflects our current data protection policies and practices and describes how we collect personal data when you access or use S2 Kuwait websites on which this policy appears (the “Websites”) and how we use such personal data (hereinafter, the “Policy”).
Unless otherwise stated, this Policy applies to all jurisdictions in which Agility operates. Certain regions, countries, and/or individual states may have additional requirements, which are detailed, by jurisdiction, below. We also encourage you to review our table of contents, above, which identifies the portions of this Policy that apply to specific locations.
S2 Kuwait is the primary controller of personal data collected through the Websites. This Policy, except as provided below, applies only to the personal data that we collect online, from users of our Websites.
We reserve the right to update it from time to time, in which case the new version will posted on the Website on which it appears.
WHAT PERSONAL DATA DOES S2 KUWAIT COLLECT THROUGH ITS WEBSITES?
“Personal data” is information that identifies you personally as a natural person, directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available to us such as an identification number, location data, online identifier or one or more factors specific to your identity as a natural person. For the purposes detailed herein, S2 Kuwait may collect and process the following categories of personal data:
- Log data: This information often consists of network routing (location from which you access the website), equipment information (browser type), date, and time.
- IP Addresses: We collect IP addresses and domain name information. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to a computer whenever it is connected to the Internet.
- User and Third Party Identifiable Information: We collect personal data from users of the Websites, through registration screens, online forms, from online sales inquiries, or in e-mails that users send to S2 Kuwait. We may also collect personal data relating to individuals involved in a shipment or service requested by the User of the Website. Personal data may include name, title, company, address, phone number, e-mail address, and the like.
- Cookies: Cookies are unique identifiers that we share with your device to enable our system to recognize your computer and preferences on return visits to our Websites, which facilitate log in or other site navigation procedures. Cookies on the Websites may collect the following information: a unique identifier, user preferences and profile information.
- Pixel Technologies: We may also use embedded pixel technologies to help track Website usage. The Website usage information collected by these technologies is associated with cookies and may provide personal data (as defined above) about your Website use if you are a registered user of the Website.
- Financial information: For the purposes detailed hereinafter, S2 Kuwait may be required to collect and process financial information such as payment information.
S2 Kuwait also collects and processes personal data it did not collect from you. This is the case where S2 Kuwait receives personal data from your device as part of the electronic communication itself – the standard electronic greeting between your computer, the network, and our servers. At this time, our server will also query your computer to see if there are “cookies” previously set by our Websites to facilitate log in or other site navigation procedures.
Our Websites may contain applications that allow you to book shipments, in which case you need to provide us with third-party personal data required to arrange for such shipment. In such case, you represent and warrant to Agility that you have obtained all necessary third-party consents for the processing of such personal data contemplated by the shipment.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
S2 Kuwait may use your personal data in several ways, including:
- To process your account registration and other system administration purposes;
- To manage its contractual or pre-contractual relationship with you;
- To implement transactions or communications you requested, and, more generally, to provide you with the services and information you requested from us, including to respond to inquiries about the tracking of packages or ensuring adequate pick-up and delivery of shipments;
- To review your job application;
For pursuing its legitimate interest of improving its business practices, S2 Kuwait will collect and process your personal data for the following purposes:
- To help create websites that are relevant and user friendly, by evaluating website content, navigability and composition as well as page response rates; • To protect the security and integrity of the Websites;
- To let you know about material changes made to this Policy;
- To protect S2 Kuwait’s rights and interests through legal actions;
- To perform business analytics activities relying notably on advanced profiling techniques and statistics, as more specifically described below; and
- To provide you with tailored notices of our products, services, service developments as well as personalized contents that may address your needs (e-mail marketing), as more specifically described below.
Lastly, S2 Kuwait may be required to collect and process personal data to comply with legally mandated reporting, disclosure, as well as any legal requirements.
DOES S2 KUWAIT SHARE MY PERSONAL DATA WITH OTHERS?
In order to pursue the purposes referred to under this Policy, Agility may need to share certain personal data with subsidiaries and affiliates in different jurisdictions (which may also act as data controllers), with service providers (e.g., those needed for the operation of the Websites, credit card clearing houses, transport companies, etc.) and other third parties, including Government agencies and marketing entities. We share personal data to the parties referred above only to the extent needed to run our Websites and conduct the activities referred to in this Policy.
In certain, limited circumstances, where permitted by applicable law, we may share or transfer personal data to unrelated third parties. For example, we may provide personal data to a third party (i) at your request; (ii) to comply with a legal requirement or court order; (iii) to investigate a possible crime, such as identity theft; (iv) in connection with the sale, purchase, merger, reorganization, liquidation or dissolution; or (v) under similar circumstances. If such an event occurs, we will take appropriate steps to protect your personal data.
S2 Kuwait takes appropriate steps to ensure that its personnel, its affiliates and third-party vendors are bound by duties of confidentiality and that, if applicable, Agility implements measures such as EU standard contractual clauses to ensure that any transferred personal data remains protected and secure.
DOES S2 KUWAIT IMPLEMENT COOKIES, PROFILING AND E-MAIL MARKETING ACTIVITIES?
S2 Kuwait may implement profiling activities, which enable us to better understand your potential needs and expectations so as to provide you with tailored information and/or services, the most likely to be of interest to you. Please note that such profiling activities will not make you subject to any legal consequences as it is just a useful way for us to better get to know you and to adapt our services proposals accordingly. To exercise your right to object to such profiling, please contact us at [email protected].
ARE CHILDREN PERMITTED TO USE S2 KUWAIT?
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect, use, or disclose personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not access or use the Website.
WHAT ABOUT OTHER WEBSITES?
The inclusion of any external link on our Websites does not imply our endorsement of the website or the company (including such company’s products) to which the link leads. Linked websites are not under our control. Except as stated below, this Policy applies solely to personal data that is acquired on our Websites. We do not accept any responsibility or liability in connection with these other websites.
NOTICE TO RESIDENTS OF THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC AREA AND UNITED KINGDOM
If you are an individual in a country in the European Economic Area or the United Kingdom, you are entitled to the following additional disclosures regarding your personal data.
How long does S2 Kuwait retain my personal data?
S2 Kuwait will retain your personal data for no longer than is necessary for the purposes specified under this Policy, except as otherwise agreed to by you in a contract or as provided by applicable law.
What are the purposes and legal basis for processing my personal data?
The legal basis for collecting and using the personal data described above will depend on the personal data concerned and the specific context in which we collect it, which is discussed below.
The provision of your personal data is voluntary and is therefore based on your consent. However, if you do not provide such personal data, you may not be able to receive the requested information from us. You have the right to withdraw your consent at any time without affecting the lawfulness of the processing based on consent before its withdrawal.
- S2 Kuwait’s Legitimate Interests
We may process your personal data if doing so is necessary for our legitimate interests and your rights as an individual do not override those legitimate interests. For example, personal data may be necessary to fulfill our legitimate interests of knowing you as a user of our Websites or to offer you, as a potential customer, products or services that fulfill your needs.
- Required To Perform a Contract
Personal data may be needed for the purpose of entering into, or providing services pursuant to, a contract with you.
- To Enable S2 Kuwait to Comply with a Legal Obligation
We may process your personal data to comply with legal obligations to which we are subject. This may include any requirement to produce audited accounts, any legal obligation to share information with law enforcement agencies, public or governmental authorities, and to comply with legal process.
- Necessary for the Exercise or Defense of Legal Claims
If you bring a claim against us or we bring a claim against you, we may process your personal data in relation to that claim.
What are my rights regarding my personal data?
You are entitled to: (i) request access to your personal data processed by S2 Kuwait; (ii) request the rectification of your personal data; (iii) request the erasure of your personal data; (iv) request the restriction of processing or object thereto; (v) receive your personal data in a structured and standard format as part of your right to portability; and (vi) lodge a complaint with a local supervisory authority.
Should you be willing to exercise the rights referred to under this section, you may write to us at [email protected].
HOW CAN I CONTACT S2 KUWAIT?
If you have questions about this Policy, please contact us at [email protected].